Maternal Fetal Medicine, also known as MFM, is a branch of obstetrics focusing on the medical and surgical management of high risk pregnancies. Management includes monitoring and treatment including comprehensive ultrasound, chorionic villus sampling, genetic amniocentesis, and fetal surgery or treatment.
Southern OB-GYN Associates has partnered with Tallahassee Perinatal Consultants to provide these services to our patients in their office located in Thomasville, Ga or Tallahasse, FL. Through this innovative partnership utilizing the latest advancements in technology, we’re able to care for:
- Pregnant women who have special medical problems
- Heart or kidney disease, hypertension, diabetes, and thrombophilia
- Pregnant women who are at risk for pregnancy-related complications
- Preterm labor, pre-eclampsia, and twin or triplet pregnancies
- Pregnant women with fetuses at risk
- Chromosomal or congenital abnormalities, maternal disease, infections, genetic diseases, and growth restriction
Patients also have the option to travel to Albany Georgia for Maternal Fetal Medicine consults. Southern OB/GYN refers patients to Dr. Michael S. Edwards. Dr. Edwards is the Maternal Fetal Medicine Department director at Phoebe Putney Hospital.